By Lindsey Danisch, Registered Social Worker & Provider of Psychotherapy
QUICK LIST! Dating Boot Camp:
- Get your mindset straight– Be positive. Everyone deserves love. Look around: people of all shapes, sizes, ages, abilities, and personalities find love. So can you.
- Make goals (and stick to them) – Dating is like learning to play an instrument, mastering a new hobby, or going back to school. Set goals, assess, persist, fall down- and get back up…follow through.
- Manage your expectations- You are complicated, and so is your future partner. No one is perfect, but you might be compatible.
- Create the Tools- Sorry, online/app dating is here to stay! Having half a profile filled out with no pictures listed is not online dating. See these tools as assets not the enemy. Have a great first impression and let the technology work for you!
- Get feedback- Take a look in the mirror. What makes dating you difficult? What can you be working on?
- Hire professionals– We hire realtors when buying a house, tutors when learning a new subject, hairstylist to do our hair…but when it comes to love, we struggle in silence.
Lindsey Danish, MSW and Registered Social Worker
Provides Psychotherapy and Dating Coaching (off and online) at Innate Wellness
Learn more: www.realtherapy.ca