Massage Therapy Services Toronto
Massage therapy is the manipulation of soft tissues of the body including muscles, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments and joints to alleviate discomfort. We provide registered massage therapy to
- enhance relaxation,
- increase flexibility,
- improve posture,
- reduce pain and tension,
- treat injury,
- promote healthy pregnancy and delivery,
- reduce anxiety and depression,
- and to treat a variety of medical conditions.
Techniques include Swedish Relaxation Massage, Therapeutic & Deep Tissue Massage, Pre – Natal Massage and more.
Conditions Commonly Seen:
Acute And Chronic Conditions
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome,Sciatica, Jaw Pain (TMJ),Plantar Fasciitis, Headaches
Neck-Shoulder Pain, Upper Back And Lower Back Pain
Wrist Pain, Shoulder Pain, Neck And Arm Pain, Pelvic Pain,Hip Pain
Relaxation And Stress Management
Women’s Health And Pregnancy
Pregnancy Pain, Postpartum Pain
FAQ’s Registered Massage Therapy
What is a Registered Massage Therapist
A registered massage therapist (RMT) is a trained massage therapy provider who is with the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (CMTO) in accordance with the Regulated Health Professionals Act and the Massage Therapy Act.
What are the health benefits of massage therapy?
The benefits of massage therapy include:
- Reduced stress and increasing relaxation
- Reduced pain and muscle soreness and tension
- Improved circulation, energy and alertness
- Lower blood pressure and heart rate
- Strengthened immunity
What are the 4 main massage techniques?
The four primary massage techniques are:
- Swedish massage. A gentle form of massage with long strokes, kneading, deep circular movements, vibration and tapping. Great for relaxation and rejuvenation.
- Deep massage. This massage technique uses slower, more forceful strokes to target the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue. This type of massage is generally prescribed to treat muscle injuries.
- Sports massage. This is similar to Swedish massage, but it’s geared toward athletes, especially those who need help with injuries and sore muscles.
- Trigger point massage. This massage is aimed at working out tight muscle fibers that can form and develop as a result of overuse or injury.