By: Kerri Lambie Registered Homeopath & Holistic Nutritionist.
Over the past few years there has been a shift towards a more holistic way of life. We go to farmers’ markets for fresh, local foods, to studios for mental and physical wellness and even to juice bars instead of pubs for our social gatherings. So, it is not surprising that parents are now searching for safe, natural ways to treat their greatest treasures, their children.
Founded over 200 years ago by Dr. Samuel Hahnemann, homeopathy uses remedies to stimulate the body’s own natural healing ability. Its remedies are made from ultra diluted sources found in nature, which makes it a safe option for even our littlest ones.
Symptoms manifest in physical, emotional, or mental ways. Since we all can express illness differently, so too should our medicines reflect that individuality, and homeopathy is a great tool for that.
Teething is a great example of how a remedy can express differently:
- The first child is irritable, frustrated, wants comfort but becomes angry when its offered, wants to be picked up and rocked with a motion that is more active then soothing.
- The second child only wants mommy, to be cuddled and snuggled, weeps openly, looks for sympathy and feels better when with someone rather than alone.
Since both children received individualized remedies that most matched their symptom picture, it is more likely that the relief will be rapid and long lasting. And as all parents can attest, a happy, healthy baby is the greatest feeling you can have.
- In some acute conditions homeopathy can be used with great success at home, thus being a great option for parents.
- In more complex cases, constitutional prescribing is done by a trained homeopath and can not only relieve many of the common acute problems seen in children, but also help to prevent recurrent bouts of illness, such as recurring ear infections.
- Treating the underlying disease requires that the Homeopath take into consideration the child’s heredity, health history, and all mental, emotional, and physical ailments in order to find the most suitable remedy.
Homeopathy is a practice of medicine that complements all other modalities and can be a welcome addition to your baby’s established medical team.
Kerri offers a unique consultation in which she teaches parents how to use homeopathy safely and effectively in a wide range of conditions commonly seen in infants and children. Please contact Innate Wellness to book a consultation.