By Dr. Kathleen Regan, ND
Looking for a change from your fruity, summer smoothie? This chocolatey, chia blend can be eaten warm or cold and combines the perfect winter ingredients. The combined antioxidants, protein, vitamin A, vitamin D & probiotic will help to boost your immune system during the busy holiday season and all winter long. It also contains a balance of carbohydrates, fat, protein and fiber that make for a balanced meal replacement.
Ingredients: Makes 1 Serving
- 1 1/2 Cup Vanilla Cashew Milk
- ½ Banana
- 1 Tbsp Cashew Butter or Almond Butter
- ½ Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Dropper D-Mulsion Vitamin D by Seroyal (1000IU)
- 1 Tsp Astragalus Powder by Harmonic Arts
- ¼ Tsp HMF Probiotic Powder by Seroyal
- Optional: Berries, Almonds
- Add Nut Milk, Banana, Greek Yogurt, Cocoa, Chia Seeds & Nut Butter into blender. Blend until there is a smooth consistency. Add more or less nut milk to desired consistency.
- If consuming warm, add these ingredients to saucepan and warm on low.
- Slowly blend or stir in remaining Vitamin D* and Astragalus*. *These ingredients should not be heated to retain medicinal value.
- Add Berries for a hit of extra antioxidants! Or add almonds for some more protein crunch!